Friday, May 4, 2012

Never Ending Scallions

Much like my never ending basil plant post, I am coming back atcha with a never ending scallion post.  I originally got the idea for this somewhere on Pinterest.  But basically, once you cut the green ends from your scallions, you just put the bulbs in some water, place in some sunlight and they regenerate by shooting up more green oniony goodness.  Very technical, I know.  
 I haven't trimmed them again yet, so I'm not sure how many times they will regenerate.  But, it's kind of fun and frugal, huh?
I'm not sure I love how these photos capture my spotty windows.  Let's just pretend those are rain drops - k?  

1 comment:

  1. My yellow onions in the pantry are growing the same kind of green shoots. Well, it IS spring! :) --K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...