Wednesday, November 9, 2011

If You Can't Stand it, Spray Paint it!

I have a handful of projects going on right now. I think my New Year's resolution is going to need to be to finish current project before starting a new one. Anyhoo, I have a pile of things that I want to re-purpose, but they need a little makeover. So, I turned to my trusty can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint.

I got these frames from Walgreen's for TWO BUCKS!  They are 8x10 matted for a 5x7 photo.  Just the matting itself was worth the $2 for me.  Only problem is - the frame is gold and just not my style.  I knew I could give them a little makeover to make them less heinous.  Enter - ORB spray paint.  I am working on a gallery wall for the living room (more on that soon), and I want all of the frames to coordinate in color.  I had these 5 frames below that I wanted to transform for he wall.
I also had some drawer pulls and towel racks from the bathroom makeover that I thought I could repurpose once they had a more updated finish.  For the frames, I simply remocved the glass and sprayed away.   

And there you have it.  Another modern update made possible by....spray paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...